Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Walking with Kateri

My shoes, they crunch upon the gravel,
kicking up the dust,
sunlight spliced between the trees,
inviting wanderlust. 

Blue jay trills and woodpecker drills
in random soliloquy;
my failings and prayers cluster side by side --
restless soul needing wisdom to see.


 


I seek out Kateri, serene Mohawk friend,
perhaps standing beside a tree;
meek, unassuming, her Lily soul blooming,
she will fall in step with me. 

We walk, and we talk (but I hear only me),
the air growing fresh and pure;
I must improve much, but I feel her calm touch
upon me to reassure. 

As she departs, sweet hope springs alive
like a bursting, well-fanned flame;
and I know hope is due to this friend, mirror true

of His Love in her blessed name.  

(Written in honor of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, Lily of the Mohawks)

No comments:

Post a Comment