Thursday, April 5, 2012

Song of the Soul

Something was lost in the cracks
(my trust in truth) --
and I must pull up the floorboards 
in search of it,
for the music calls . . . . .

Crushed underfoot,
I crawl,
hands patting the ground for rocks and
splinters --
but if knees will get me there,
I'll go,
for the music calls . . . . . 

Head throbbing,
heart sobbing,
I clutch pieces of reality shattered --
with these I will build,
for the music calls . . . . . 

Memory sleeping,
only fragments awake --
they keep watch through the dream-infested night,
awaiting first birdsong,
for the music calls . . . . .

Raw-kneed, I shiver,
my hands, how they quiver . . . . .  
But -- listen! 
The music calls.

2 comments:

Valerie Masters said...

Love this :)

Turquoise said...

Thank you! A Blessed Easter to you. :-)

Post a Comment