Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thoughts During an October Illness

In the breathtaking 
sunlight
(so beautiful!)
approaching noon,
eyes cringing from the
brightness,
ears buzzing softly,
head in a misty daze . . .
I had the fervent desire
to cry.

********************************************************
 
Sometimes,
it's just games.
Even a smile 
can lie,
when there is no 
real warmth
behind it.
Sometimes,
for the sake of honesty,
we would do much better
to frown.

*********************************************************

If you have one person
who really cares about you,
consider yourself
rich,
because many people find
caring
to be a burden.
I don't know why.

*****************************************************************

Eyes stiff,
vision wobbly,
inflamed brain nearly pounding out of my skull,
I finally gave up writing
to watch an idiosyncratic romance,
laughing my head off
like a crazy person . . . . .
Maybe tonight I'll watch
the Weather Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment