Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Million Lamps

Listening to Rimsky-Korsakov's swirling and ecstatic symphonic suite, Scheherazade, I become aware of Our Lord's ineffable sweetness and consolation in the rising waves of sound.  I am surprised to realize just how distant has seemed this Voice of my Friend.  I am thrilled to feel His Presence, suddenly so near -- not merely the promise of Springtime, but Divine Springtime, Himself.

"I am here with you, listening, as I have been all along.  How could you have doubted?" asks He, wordlessly, in my soul.  With that, a thousand birds burst into song and a million lamps light up my skies.

Like Martha's sister, Mary, I bask in the silent embrace of His Knowing, Easter rising within me once again.

(To listen to the beginning of Scheherazade, copy this URL:
http://youtu.be/s_pkRH2DZuw.  Next, open a second browser window, and paste this URL to the new URL line.  Set your volume high because the recording volume is low.)

No comments:

Post a Comment